The vision of the Office of Student Management and Alternative Programs (OSMAP) is to promote a safe and nurturing educational environment where all students, K-12 and adult learners, have the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential – academically, socially, and emotionally by utilizing multiple options within the system to receive appropriate services for success.
The mission of OSMAP is to provide a variety of educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of all students, K-12 and adult learners, through non-traditional education choices. This will be accomplished by:
- Providing a continuum of services for K-12 students and adult learners that includes both options for self-selected choice and educational opportunities offered as a result of disciplinary issues;
- Understanding that all students do not learn in the same way or at the same time;
- Partnering with schools, home, and community to address the divergent needs of the whole student;
- Advocating for a safe and nurturing environment for all students by creating non-traditional education opportunities that allow learning to take place which is free from violence, conflict, and unnecessary disruptions; and
- Continuing to look at the changing needs of students and adjusting non-traditional education opportunities as needed to meet their needs.
- To provide a variety of educational opportunities that address the varied needs of students in Grades K-12 and adult learners;
- To promote a safe educational environment conducive to teaching and learning and free from violence, conflict, and unnecessary disruptions; and
- To decrease the number of long-term removals through a process that provides increased non-traditional education opportunities.