Types of Grants

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is awarded only to undergraduate students that meet all qualifications and have not already earned a bachelor's, graduate, or professional degree. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form and demonstrate a specific level of financial need (this level changes each academic year). The amount of aid you can receive depends on your financial need, the cost of attendance at your school, and other factors. Learn more about Pell Grants.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

The FSEOG grant is awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need, who complete the (FAFSA®) form and meet all other qualifications. The FSEOG program is administered directly by each participating school's financial aid office, and not all schools participate. Check with your school's financial aid office to find out if the school offers the FSEOG. Learn more about Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants.

Iraq & Afghanistan Service Grants

Students whose parent or guardian has died as a result of military service in Iraq or Afghanistan, may be eligible for an Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant. Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants have special eligibility criteria. Learn more about Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants.

Teacher Education Assistance for College & Higher Education (TEACH) Grants

TEACH grants provide up to $4,000 per year to students who agree to complete a teaching service obligation as a condition for receiving the grant. Recipients must teach for four years at an elementary school, secondary school, or educational service agency that serves students from low-income families and to meet other requirements. If the service obligation is not met, the grant is converted to a direct unsubsidized loan and must be repaid, interest. Learn more about Teacher Education Assistance for College & Higher Education Grants.