How To Submit A Request

Submitting a Request to Use the KLC

the KLC atrium decorated for a dance event

School staff interested in reserving the Kelly Leadership Center for a school-sponsored event may review our School Events At the KLC page for steps to follow.

All other parties interested in renting the Kelly Leadership Center can follow the steps outlined below. Due to the high volume of internal use, it is highly recommended that those seeking space do so as far in advance as possible. Renters can request to schedule events a year in advance of the proposed date, as long as the activity falls within the current fiscal year which runs from July 1-June 30.

Renters are encouraged to review the Activities and Restrictions and General Guidelines webpages for additional details regarding the types of events the KLC can accommodate.

Steps to Reserve the KLC:

  1. Contact Risk Management and Security at 703-791-7435 or [email protected] to inquire about room availability and to determine if the type of activity can be accommodated. Renters must be prepared to provide the following information:
    • Name of the organization requesting use;
    • Type of event(s);
    • Proposed date(s) of use;
    • Start and end time of the event(s);
    • Expected number of attendees;
    • If food will be served;
    • Setup or special equipment requirements; and
    • Will decor be used (please see our decorations page for guidelines).
  2. If the space is available, an application for use will be electronically forwarded to the requester (paper applications available upon request). The completed form must be returned to Risk Management and Security. As long as PWCS does not require use of the space, the dates and times will be tentatively held for the renter up to three business days to allow time to complete and return the application for use. If the required form is not submitted prior to the grace period, renters risk forfeiture of the space.
  3. Once the request is scheduled, a copy of all required documentation must be submitted prior to the event taking place. If a special permit, such as a Temporary Activity Permit (TAP) form is required, the renter will be notified of this requirement. Please be aware that the documents necessary to use the KLC are the same as those required to use a school building. Please review our Required Documents to Submit webpage for more details.
  4. If a special set-up is needed, a floor plan will be necessary. Risk Management and Security will advise the renter in advance if this is a requirement for use. Most floor plans must be submitted no less than two weeks in advance of the activity to permit time for review and make any necessary adjustments. For larger or more extensive activities utilizing multiple areas, a floor plan may be requested up to one month in advance.
  5. Details pertinent to the use of audio/visual equipment must be discussed with Risk Management and Security as soon as possible. Please note that we do not have staff available after 3 p.m. during the week or on Saturdays to support renters with use of the equipment and resolve technical issues. Users are highly encouraged to contact 703-791-7435 to make arrangements to test out any equipment prior to the scheduled event date.
  6. Requests to make changes, must be submitted to Risk Management and Security no later than two weeks prior to the activity. Please be aware that significant changes (e.g., increase in attendance), may render PWCS incapable of hosting the event, increase staffing needs, or require the organization to file additional paperwork with the PWC government, such as a TAP form.
  7. If fees are owed for the event, Risk Management and Security will invoice the organization. Payment is due in advance of the activity and must be in the form of a check or other certified funds made out to Prince William County Public Schools. PWCS are not able to accept credit card payments for community use events at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. For additional information regarding the types of fees charged to renters for use of the KLC, please access our KLC Fees webpage.